How do I apply for a floodplain development permit?
A copy of a Floodplain Development Permit Application can be downloaded and printed using the link below, or from the State of Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation (DNRC) Floodplain Management website.

Floodplain Development Permit Applications must be submitted to the Butte-Silver Bow Planning Department. There is a $35.00 application fee. For more information, the Planning Department phone number is 406-497-6250.

Show All Answers

1. What is a floodplain?
2. What are official floodplain maps called?
3. What is the purpose of floodplain mapping?
4. How are floodplains mapped?
5. How are floodplains (SFHA) illustrated on FIRMS?
6. How much of Butte-Silver Bow is regulated by FIRMS?
7. Did the recently adopted FIRMs change the SHFA boundaries if the 1980s FIRMs?
8. Where can I review a paper copy of a FIRM?
9. How are floodplains regulated in Butte-Silver Bow?
10. What kind of development is permitted in with the SHFA?
11. How do I apply for a floodplain development permit?