News Flash

Home - Butte News

Posted on: December 2, 2019

Owners and Operators of Vacation Rentals


Owners and Operators of Vacation Rentals (Tourist Homes or Renting out bedrooms to the traveling public) are required under Montana State law MCA 50.51.201 to obtain an annual public accommodation license from the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services. To obtain the license several requirements must be met. The requirements are:

  • Receive approval from the Butte-Silver Bow Planning Department;
  • Receive approval from the Butte-Silver Bow Health Department.

In addition to obtaining the public accommodation license, the owner/operator of vacation rentals must obtain a Butte-Silver business license. This license will be issued by the Butte-Silver Bow Treasurer’s Office.

Please contact the Following departments to begin the processes of obtaining the licenses.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Home - Butte News


Santa's Calling

Posted on: November 22, 2019

New Parking Enforcement Office Hours

Posted on: October 17, 2019
2019 fall_winter Pickleball Open Play News Flash

2019 Fall Pickleball Open Play

Posted on: October 2, 2019