Butte-Silver bow is in the process of developing an updated Housing Plan. The city-county has contracted with SCJ Alliance, a multi-disciplinary consulting firm, which specializes in land use planning and landscape architecture, and has experience with creating housing assessments and action plans.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Vibrant neighborhoods are the key to successful housing development and to the delivery of associated support services.
- Economic diversity within neighborhoods helps to impede the cycle of poverty.
- Housing needs should be addressed in the context of overall community and economic development.
- Housing development in Butte should be undertaken in a manner that is sensitive to the city’s nationally significant architectural and cultural resources.
- The development of housing should reflect sound urban planning practices, such as reducing sprawl, promoting walkability, and creating sustainable neighborhoods.
March 20-21, 2023: Stakeholder Interviews
April 2023: Community Survey (available online and paper copies)
May to August 2023: Housing Committee meeting series
May 2, 2023: Housing Vision public workshop, Butte Brewing and Pizza Company
July to September 2023: Consultant to Draft Housing Plan
August/September 2023: Rollout Workshop to present draft plan and policies to the public, and to discuss implementation and monitoring of the housing plan
October to December 2023: Housing Plan adoption process (presentation of the draft plan to the Planning Commission, public hearing with Council of Commissioners)