Special Deputy Mickey Bolton keeps track of offenders by maintaining relationships with state, federal, and local agencies. He maintains address and registration information for sexual and violent offenders gathered through public and professional business telephone calls. Special Deputy Bolton can provide educational meetings on sexual and violent offenders for schools and local neighborhoods with a PowerPoint presentation.
Special Deputy Bolton has been employed with the BSBLED since March 2005 and works with minimal supervision. Special Deputy Bolton maintains good communication with the public, local and state law enforcement, as well as numerous federal agencies, including detention centers, Offices of the Attorney General, ICE, and the U.S. Marshal’s Service.
Duties are listed below:
- Daily registration of sexual and violent offenders
- Provide daily updates on all offenders on computer program
- Works daily with local police officers answering questions regarding the SVOR registry
- Requests yearly follow-up address verification by police officers
- Requests failure to register warrants for offenders who fail to abide by SVOR rules