Disability Placards or Plates

To get a Disability Placard to hang in the windshield of your vehicle, you and your doctor must fill out an MV5, a Disability Placard/License Plate Application.download as pdf Have your doctor fax this form directly to the number listed at the top. This is the fastest way for the State to receive your application and start processing it. We do not have hanging placards in our local offices.

To get a disability license plate, you can either bring in the completed MV5 (which we will keep and put on file), or if you already have a permanent or current hanging placard, then you can bring that in, and we will take a copy of it for our files. 

Please note that we are required to ask for and keep some proof of eligibility in our files for auditing purposes. Our intent is never to invade your privacy.