Butte-Anaconda National Historical Park & Local Heritage Area Initiative
The Butte Historical Society - BHS - Heritage Projects, is now working to garner widespread community support for the creation of a National Historical Park by fostering a proposed;
Modified Greater Butte Silver Bow Community Model including;
- - Local National Historical Park Advocacy Action Coalition
- - Local Heritage Area Coalition
- - Local Attractions Coalition
- - Local Business Improvement Coalition
BHS - HERITAGE PROJECTS is committed to;
- Holding seven National Historical Park Listening Sessions with the seven primary segments of the Greater Butte Silver Bow Community; Personal, Familial, Communal, Educational, Spiritual, Economical and Governmental with the objective of creating a Greater Butte Silver Bow Community National Historic Park Advocacy Action Coalition
- Providing funding for a Butte-Silver Bow and Anaconda-Deer Lodge National Park Service - National Historical Park Assessment Conference with a Reconnaissance Team from the National Park Service in attendance
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating A Nationally Significant Destination . . . that would increase customer flow to existing local attractions and business has long been a dream in Butte. Over fifty other communities in the nation have made that dream a reality. “Heritage Tourist; Come, Stop, Stay, and Spend in the culture of the communities they choose to immerse themselves in.” Heritage Tourism Consultant, 2012 in Butte.
History of the Initiative
- The Consent Agreement for the Supper Fund remediation and restoration hopefully will be finalized shortly.
- It is time to start looking to the future.
- The Keweenaw National Historical Park Model’s Key Ideas are;
- All working together to create and provide a Park Like Experience
- The Federal Government not involved with Local Heritage Area
- The Federal Government Park Units, that are owned and operated by the NPS, are only the building sites on which the NPS's interpretive centers and offices are located
- The NPS is not competing with the local attractions, but assisting in creating a greater customer flow to existent local attractions and business