2020 election results are available on this link to the State or Montana's web site, Silver Bow County election results or by contacting our office at (406)-497-6344 or email@example.com.
Close of Voter Registration - AMENDED
House Bill 176 was signed into law on April 19 with an immediate effective date. This law changed the close of voter registration to NOON the day before an election. New voters will not be able to register on election day. This affects the School District No. 1 election. New voters must register by noon on May 3.
Upcoming Elections in 2021
- Elementary School Trustee School District 1, May 4 (mail ballot)
- High School Trustee School District 1, May 4 (mail ballot)
- Elementary School Mill Levy School District 1, May 4 (mail ballot)
- Elementary School Trustee School Districts 3 (Ramsay), 4 (Divide) and 5 (Melrose) are cancelled. Trustees were elected by acclamation.
- School District 3 - Boyd Burnett, Melissa Smith, Linda Musick Rosin
- School District 4 - James Holland
- School District 5 - Kathy Chatriand
- Municipal Election, Walkerville Mayor and 2 Alderperson positions (Ward 1 & 2)
- Candidate filing begins April 22 through June 22
- Primary Election September 14
- General Election November 2
- How to become a candidate for this election
Please contact voter registration/election administration with any other questions or concerns. Our phone number is 406-497-6344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Montana Campaign Regulations
- Montana Rules on Political Signs
- Campaign Finance & Practices for Candidates & Political Committees
- Montana Commissioner of Political Practices
Below are sample ballots from the November 2020 General Election
If you don’t know your precinct, legislative district, or commissioner, you can go to My Voter Page to get that information.
Call, email, or stop by our office to see if you are registered to vote or if you are still on the Absentee ballot list.
Click on this link and fill out the Absentee List Application, return it to the Clerk & Recorder’s Office and we will add you. You may apply to vote absentee through June 1 (Primary election) or November 2 (General election) at noon. After that time, you must vote at the polls on June 2/November 3, 7:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. (Butte and Ramsay precincts; Rocker, Divide, and Melrose precinct polls are open from noon to 8:00 p.m.).
You can use the Change Absentee Ballot Status form to receive an absentee ballot for a specific election, add or remove your name from the annual absentee ballot list, designate someone to pickup your ballot, or request a ballot due to a health emergency.
You can track when we mail your ballot and when we receive and process your ballot with the MVP application which you can download to your phone or computer. This application is available in the right hand column of this page or by going to sos.mt.gov.
My Voter Page (MVP) – This will work on Android or Apple phones. It is also available for your computer. If you would like to know your precinct, your voting status (active or inactive), the status of your absentee ballot, the last time you voted, download this app. Search “my Voter page Montana”.
Montana Voter Forms
Where to Vote
- For primary (June) and general (November) elections, voters living in Rocker, Ramsay, Divide, or Melrose will vote in their respective city. Voters with questions or problems should contact the Clerk & Recorder’s office.
- In Butte, voting takes place at the Civic Center. Please contact the Clerk & Recorder’s office with questions or problems.
- Voters living outside of the city limits who are unsure what precinct they are in should check with the Clerk & Recorder’s Office to see where they should vote.
- For information on obtaining an absentee ballot or precinct information, please call 406-497-6342.
- Precincts 1 through 22 vote at the Butte Civic Center
- Precincts 19W, 26E and 26W vote in Rocker
- Precincts 27N and 27S vote in Ramsay
- Precinct 28 votes in Divide
- Precinct 29 votes in Melrose
- Civic Center and Ramsay polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
- Rocker, Divide, and Melrose polls open at noon and close at 8 p.m.
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow County Commissioner Districts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Urban Commissioner Districts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Urban Voter Precincts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow County Voter Precincts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Voter Precincts and Commissioner Districts
- Address Ranges for Voting Precincts and Commissioner Districts as of June 11, 2021