The Butte-Silver Bow County Treasurer’s Office is committed to provide efficient, courteous service and maintain accurate records, while upholding the fiduciary and statutory responsibilities required of the office.
Our objectives are to find innovative ways to provide top quality service at the lowest possible cost, while maintaining the highest standards of public trust, make sound investment of public funds, and collect revenue dollars while keeping the City and County of Butte-Silver Bow balanced.
ServicesThe treasurer is an elected position. The treasurer serves as the custodian for all public funds within the City and County of Butte-Silver Bow. The activities of the office include:
Pursuant to MCA15-16-101 (2)(a)(vii) & (2)(c) An itemization of the taxes due for each mill levy and a comparison to the amount due for each mill levy in the prior year can be found online.
Phone: (406) 497-6310
Butte-Silver Bow Treasurer
P.O. Box 611
Butte, MT 59703
Hours of Operation
Treasure's Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Motor Vehicle Department Hours:
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For Property Tax Info
For Motor Vehicle Info
- Vehicle Search Service – Customers looking for what they paid in vehicle fees for income tax purposes. https://app.mt.gov/dojvs/public
- Vehicle Registration Renewal https://dojmt.gov/driving/ - CLICK - VEHICLE SERVICES, Then CLICK – ONLINE REGISTRATON RENEWAL
- Property Tax Payments - https://itax.tylertech.com/ButteSilverBowMT/
- Burn Permits - https://app.egovmt.com/burnpermit
Helpful Forms and Links
- BSB Business License Application Form Fillable with Endorsement
- Business License Fees
- Business Personal Property Reporting
- Protest Form - Payment of Taxes Under Protest