This program has the duty to enhance and protect public health in the event of a communicable disease outbreak, 24/7. The program manager:
- Coordinates with local, state, and federal health professionals
- Provides passive and active surveillance throughout the community
- Coordinates the Butte-Silver Bow Communicable Disease Epi-Team
- Relates information to the public re: communicable diseases that may threaten the health of the community and its citizens.
- Maintains MIDIS database for all reportable diseases
- Ensures HIPAA rules and regulations are followed