IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
We have a few announcements
1. The Butte Silver Bow Chelsea Bailey Animal Shelter will be closed to the public until Tuesday March 24th for deep cleaning & disinfecting.
2. All Volunteers activities: Dog walking, cat cuddling, cleaning, etc., are suspended until further notice.
3. Reclaims of animals will be done by Appointment Only.
4. Make sure your pets are secure in your homes or yard and that they have the proper identification on them at all times. If your pet does get out it is helpful in getting them returned to you when they can be identified and that you can be easily reached.
5. It’s a good idea to have 14-days worth of food for each of your pets on hand and be sure to call and get any necessary medications from your vet.
On a final note, we understand that there is fear that animals can contract COVID-19. At present there is no scientific evidence to support that claim. We will continue to monitor the World Health Organization (WHO) for further information and urge you to do the same. At this time we encourage you to continue to love your pet without fear, while also washing your hands frequently and staying home as much as possible.
Please call us at (406) 497-6528 if you have any questions
ANIMAL SERVICES NEWS
The B-SB Animal Services Department is pleased to announce that Butte-Silver Bow's Rabies vaccination ordinance (6.04.170). Effective September 4, 2019 has amended the ordinance and will recognize the rabies vaccinations using the following criteria:
1. The first antirabies vaccine shall be administered when the dog or cat is 12 weeks of age;
2. All subsequent antirabies vaccinations should be administered every thirty-six months for the life of the animal;
3. Animals who have never received an antirabies vaccination or animals who have no documented history of receiving an antirabies vaccination should have anirabies administered immediately; and a second antirabies vaccines administered at twelve months thereafter; and subsequent antirabies vaccinations every thirty-six months for the life of the animal.
If you have any questions about your pets vaccination records please consult your veterinarian.
The Chelsea Bailey Butte-Silver Bow Animal Shelter is a non-profit, county-supported facility. We are primarily open for adoptions, education and Animal Control pick-ups. We are taking owner surrenders on a case-by-case basis. Please call ahead before bringing in animals as space is limited.
We are here to educate the public about the importance of spaying and neutering, proper animal care and the responsibility of pet ownership.
Thank you from our Shelter Staff and all our wonderful animals!
We were blown away by the generosity of Headframe Spirits, Butte’s Ace Hardware & the amazing people that donated to our Shelter! Thank you does not seem big enough to express our gratitude! We are blessed to live in such a great community!