The Transit Division provides bus and paratransit services for the Butte metro area.
Visit the Butte-Silver Bow Transit website, ButteBus.org for route maps, fare and schedule information.
Paratransit services are available for those whose disabilities prevent them from using the transit system's regular fixed-route bus service.
Butte-Silver Bow Transit will be assuming operation of the para-transit service effective June 30, 2014. The Transit Department expects no major changes to the service and has retained the same phone number to call for service: 406-723-2354.
The Transit Department asks for your patience during this transition and looks forward to serving your transportation needs with reliable and personalized transportation service. Thank you for your cooperation with this change, and if you have any questions please contact Transit at 406-497-6515 or 406-497-6521.
Passengers must meet the legal and medical requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Passengers are generally eligible if:
- They are physically unable to get to the regular fixed-route bus,
- They are unable to navigate regular fixed-route bus systems once on board
- They are unable to board and exit the bus at some locations
- They live within and/or up to 3/4 of a mile from the (link to) Butte-Silver Bow Transit fixed-route system.
Apply for Service
Passengers must meet the legal and medical requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. To request certification of eligibility, apply and include professional verification using the request for verification and request for eligibility forms available on the right under 'Helpful Forms.'
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 6:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday 8:45 am - 4:15 pm
No Service is available on Sundays and the following holidays:
New Year’s Day July 4th State/General Election
Martin Luther King Jr. Day Labor Day Thanksgiving Day
President’s Day Columbus Day Christmas Day
Memorial Day Veteran’s Day
- Paratransit service fare is $1.20 one-way / $2.40 round trip.
- Passengers must reserve their ride 24-hours in advance.
- Same day service requests is $5.00 per one-way ride.
- PCA (Personal Care Attendant) will ride for free; must be approved by Butte-Silver Bow.
- Butte-Silver Bow employees are not allowed to enter the residence at time of pick up; service is door to door.
For more information, please call 406-723-2354.
The Connecting Services page on the ButteBus.Org website provides information about fail-a-ride services offered by the Belmont Senior Center and the Butte Sheltered Workshop.
Transit (Bus)Physical Address
1340 Harrison Ave
Butte, MT 59701
Phone: 406-497-6515Fax: 406-497-6404
Cory JohnsPhone: 406-497-6516
Chellie KissellHuman Resources StaffPhone: 406-497-6434
Public WorksPhysical Address
126 W. Granite St.
Butte, MT 59701
Phone: 406-497-6515Fax: 406-497-6524